Monday, October 02, 2006

Clicker 5 Excitement


Just spent a long time fiddling and tinkering with Clicker 5 and its Switch settings. I always hoped that you could control it with a single switch and their latest patch means that you can. This means children can create sentences or just communicate via their switch. I also tinkered with the image library and copied in a bank of PECs symbols, though I could have used Meyer Johnson. This didn't require any special knowledge -just the determination to get the blasted thing working and patience through a long download.

Did you realise that over 90% of schools use Clicker- I wonder how and who.

Below is the first grid I have created for Dylan as an introduction to the software.

(It's hardly a blog authoring tool and I think his output will be limited but hopefully it will push him beyond single words)

I messed around loads with Clicker when I taught full time, making use of it with SEN and EAL kids, but others didn't really get it. I'll do my best to inspire other in Subject leaders on Thursday.

No comments: